Top Fill Clearomizers –Top coil clearomizers include: CE4, CE4+, iClear16, and many other models.
1. Remove the mouth piece by turning it counterclockwise and pulling it off of the body.
2. Hold the clearomizer at a slight angle to avoid getting liquid in the center tube, and insert the e-liquid bottle drip tip at an angle, while slowly adding liquid.
3. Fill the clearomizer to the bottom of the silicone stop. Filling slightly above the bottom of the silicone stop is alright.
4. When the clearomizer is full, replace the cap by inserting the cap and turning clockwise until the cap is tight.
5. Prime the clearomizer by taking several “dry hits” (aka puffing on e-cig as if to take a hit) This will help pull liquid into the center coil, thus eliminating any burnt taste.
***The wick must remain wet for proper use!***
Bottom Fill Clearomizer –Bottom coil clearomizers are among the newest clearomizers available.
1. Holding the clearomizer upside-down, unscrew the base of the clearomizer in a counterclockwise motion. Always be sure that the coil is tight.
2. Hold the clearomizer at a slight angle to avoid getting liquid in the center tube, and insert the e-liquid bottle drip tip at an angle, while slowly adding liquid. Fill to 1/8” of the center tube.
3. Re-insert the coil/base into the clearomizer, turning clockwise until tight.
4. Prime the clearomizer by taking several “dry hits” (aka puffing on e-cig as if to take a hit) This will help pull liquid into the center coil, thus eliminating any burnt taste.
*** TIPS FOR BOTTOM COIL CLEAROMIZERS:
-The metal or plastic tube in the center of this clearomizer lease from the mouthpiece to the battery end. Avoid getting liquid in this tube when filling the clearomizer.
-When unfastening the base (atomizer coil head) to refill the clearomizer, the seals are temporarily broken and liquid will leak from the mouthpiece or escape into the center tube. Always wrap a cloth or piece of tissue around the mouthpiece when unfastening the base of the clearomizer.
-Gurgling noise or leaks: This is a sign that liquid has found its way into the metal or plastic tube in the center of the clearomizer (and usually occurs after a refill). Ridding the center tube of the liquid will resolve the issue. To do so without emptying the tank, remove the clearomizer from the battery, wrap a cloth or tissue around the battery end of the clearomizer, and blow through the mouthpiece.
-The atomizer coil head of any bottom coil clearomizer can unfasten when unscrewing the tube or base. Always secure the atomizer head before reinstalling the base.
-It is normal to find a small amount of liquid in the battery contact area when removing the clearomizer or any atomizer. We recommend cleaning the batter before charging it.
-When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of e-liquid (“topped off”). This helps maintain the “vacuum” in the tank, and prevents leaks.
-Atomizer coil heads have an average lifespan between 10-20 days. When the atomizer coil head wears down, it may begin to leak. Replace the atomizer head with a new one if available.***
Cartridges – Cartridges are used with older models of e-cigs, which have separate atomizers.
1. Remove the cartridge from the atomizer, and look into atomizer end of the cartridge, finding the white liquid retainer stuffed with material.
2. Remove the lid on bottle of e-liquid, and carefully hold dropper tip over center of cartridge, placing 3-4 drops of e-liquid into the material in the liquid retainer (the liquid retainer can be pushed toward open end of cartridge with a toothpick if needed).
3. Replace the cartridge on the atomizer. Screw the lid securely onto the liquid bottle and place the bottle away from children or pets.
4. If you want to refill a quantity of cartridges, save the rubber plugs that come with a new cartridge to plug the refills (place the refills in a small baggie to keep them from drying out). NOTE: Cartridges should not be refilled after the cartridge fits loose on the atomizer.
***This method will save you 30-40 % over buying new cartridges every time!***
Cartomizers –Cartomizers are used with second generation e-cigs, and they consist of an atomizer and cartridge in one unit.
1. Remove the white cap at the end of the cartomizer, and remove the washer found inside of the cartomizer.
2. Hold the cartomizer at a slight angle, and put in about eight drops of e-liquid while rotating the cartomizer so you get the liquid evenly placed around the batting. You want to avoid getting e-liquid in the center hole. Holding the cartomizer at an angle should help with this problem.
3. Set the cartomizer down, standing up on the threaded end, and leave it to sit for at least twenty minutes to allow the liquid to soak in.
4. Repeat step 2 with another eight drops.
5. Replace the washer with the beveled side down, and replace the white end cap. At this point, it’s best to stand the cartomizer up on the threaded end for at least an hour before using it again, so the liquid can fully sink it.
***We recommend filling three or more at a time, then install the seals, so you have a supply of filled cartomizers on hand. While there are many ways to fill a cartomizer, as seen on many blogs and websites, we feel this method of filling proves to waste less product and have less cleanup. ***